Slinn Allstars was established in January 2008.
One Friday evening…
Les, Clare, Sara and Steve were sat around a table eating chocolate digestive biscuits and thought wouldn’t it be great to start a running club. Well, two months later they started with a small number of committed individuals determined to make the club a success.
Today, we have 260 members and growing…
We believe that running should be about having fun, making new friends and being healthy… we also want to encourage people to maintain and participate in physical activity, support and encourage members to achieve their personal goals and aspirations and create a safe and friendly environment, encouraging participation regardless of ability.
We know we have lots to prove, but we believe we are heading in the right direction and can offer something a bit different to the average running/athletics club. Watching people achieve their personal goals is the thing that keeps us all going, there are some truly amazing stories amongst our members and if you ever doubted your motivation to start running, just come and listen to them talk about their experiences!
AN ENGLAND ATHLETICS AFFILIATED CLUB (2662447)
Affiliation gives us the following benefits:
- Access to funding programmes
- Public liability insurance
- Discounts and vouchers for members
- Subsidised training events for club members
- Visits to clubs from expert coaches to support athlete development
- Club member welfare and CRB record checking
- Resources and training programmes to support club development
- Specialist national and regional events, seminars and conferences to support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteers
- Delivery of licensed coach, teacher and officials education programmes